Meet your state bar requirements with our continuing legal education (CLE) credit opportunities.
We are constantly offering upcoming live opportunities and expanding our library of pre-recorded On-Demand CLE opportunities. Attorneys should confirm their state’s specific credit eligibility requirements for live and recorded sessions.
Need Live Hours?
Check out our events calendar to see what upcoming CLE-eligible events we will host.
Looking for Recorded Hours?
Browse through pre-recorded sessions eligible for CLE in certain states in our Resource Library.
How much credit can I earn for a particular conference?
Each individual program offered on our website specifies an estimate of the number of CLE credits that can be earned by attending the session. The actual credit granted by each state may be different, depending on that state’s CLE rules. If you have a question or concern about how many CLE credits you can earn, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can I get ethics and professionalism credit?
Only if your CLE state approved ethics and/or professionalism credit and you attended the appropriate session(s). Pre-recorded On-Demand ethics sessions are available here and check out our events calendar [link to: events calendar] for any upcoming opportunities.
Are ethics and professionalism credits included in the “total” CLE hours indicated on the Certificate of Attendance?
If ethics and/or professionalism credits are approved, they would be included in the total credits on the certificate.
How can I claim teaching credit?
Information and forms for claiming teaching credit from other states are available for download from each state’s CLE website.
How do I obtain my CLE certificates after attending a live conference or webinar?
NABL’s automated CLE system allows members who participate in our live conferences or webinars to log into their online profiles and update their registration form to reflect the sessions they actually attended. This is to be done within 7 days following the conference. Members can then download their own CLE certificates two weeks after the conclusion of the live conference or webinar. Below are instructions for accessing CLE certificates online.
Accessing Your CLE Certificates (15 days after a Conference)
- Log in (using your NABL username and password) at www.nabl.org.
- Under the ‘Membership’ tab, select ‘CLE Certificates’ from the dropdown menu.
- You will be redirected to your ‘Membership Profile’ page. Then, click on the tab ‘Online CLE Certificates’.
- Once you click on the tab, a list of webinars and conferences you have attended since March 2019 will be visible. You can download a copy of your CLE certificate.
- Follow each state-specific instructions and deadlines for CLE reporting requirements.
Non-members will be sent their certificates via email two weeks after the live conference or webinar.
What do I need to do to receive CLE credit and certificates for NABL On-Demand recordings?
To receive CLE credit/certificates for NABL On-Demand webinars or conferences, registrants must email the two CLE verification codes announced during the recording(s) along with your bar number(s) and states(s) to email@example.com. Members will not be able to access their certificates for on-demand learning on their online membership profile. NABL will send the certificates via email to both members and non-members.
What happens if CLE approval from my state was pending at the time of the live conference or webinar?
NABL will notify members via email when their state has issued an approval.
How is my CLE credit reported to my state(s)?
Each Certificate of Attendance contains information about how credit will be reported. NABL will report the credit you earned based on the sessions you selected on your registration form. Remember to update your registration form, if necessary, within 15 days after the live webinar or conference.
NABL reports attendance for the following states: AL, AR, DE, GA, ID, IL, IN, KS, LA, MS, MT, NE, NV, NM, NC, OH, OK, OR, SC, TN, TX, UT, WA, WV. Other states have various forms of self-reporting. Participants from Arkansas must return their signed certificates to firstname.lastname@example.org within 15 days after a live or in-person event to receive credit.
Do participants have to sign-in everyday during in-person conferences?
The following states have sign-in requirements in order for participants to obtain CLE credits:
- California – One time sign-in with bar number
- New Jersey – Daily sign-in with bar number
- Ohio- Daily sign-in with bar number and CLE hours
- Virginia – Daily sign-in with bar number
I did not sign-in at the in-person conference. Can I still sign-in now?
If you failed to sign-in for your CLE credits at the conference, please contact email@example.com.
What states currently approve CLE credit for distance learning and On-Demand webinars?
Each state has different rules regarding on demand CLE. Click here for more information and details about your specific state(s) CLE requirements. If you have NABL course approval questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
I misplaced my Certificate of Attendance from a previous live webinar or conference. Can you provide me with a replacement?
- NABL members can now log into their online profile to retrieve their CLE certificates for live webinars and conferences they attended starting with The Essentials 2019 using our automated system. See instructions above.
- Contact email@example.com for certificates that were housed before April 2019. (Note: NABL maintains CLE records for five years.)
- Non-members are issued certificates via email. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for replacement of certificates from NABL sponsored programs.