Pilot program led by the Diversity Committee to encourage and facilitate active long-term participation with new and younger members.
NABL’s Diversity Committee launched a pilot mentoring program to encourage and facilitate active long-term participation with new and younger members. The program aims to build learning and career development opportunities for younger individuals by engaging them in NABL projects and conferences, and by building a network of colleagues. The pilot program is limited to 10 mentor/mentee pairs.
The goal of the Mentorship Program is to provide NABL’s members with the following opportunities:
- Learning and career development by active engagement in NABL’s projects and conferences
- Building a network of colleagues
The PILOT Mentorship Program will be limited to 10 mentor/mentee pairs. Mentees can gain experience
by participating on NABL projects that they might not have felt as comfortable joining on their own
Mentees will shadow and assist mentors who are involved with NABL projects and NABL’s conferences.
As an example of collaboration between mentor/mentee pairs, mentees may provide assistance to project
chairs by taking minutes during project calls, scheduling meetings for the project group, and participating
on the project in whatever way the mentor/mentee decides on.
- Must apply to the program by filling out a questionnaire.
- Mentees may be attorneys who have practiced in public finance for 7 years or less
- Mentors should have at least 10 years of experience in public finance and currently involved with
NABL Committee projects or conferences
- At least an hour a month or more depending on the projects/conference being worked on by the
- Mentors and mentees will agree to sign a Mentor/Mentee Commitment Contract
Diversity Committee will facilitate the process by :
- Reviewing the mentee applications and match the mentor/mentee pairs and provide notification of
- Hosting a kick-off Zoom call for the PILOT Mentorship Program and mentor/mentee pairs will
meet in breakout rooms.
- Checking in with the mentors and mentees 3 months post-pairing to ensure the relationship is