The legal operations team is seeking a mid to senior-level real estate attorney to conduct commercial and multi-family loan closings and help CHFA design and implement various affordable housing and economic development loan, grant, and subgrant programs. This individual will focus substantial time on closing commercial and multi-family loans; drafting commercial loan documents, loan commitments,…
Nature of position
The legal operations team is seeking a mid to senior-level real estate attorney to conduct commercial and multi-family loan closings and help CHFA design and implement various affordable housing and economic development loan, grant, and subgrant programs. This individual will focus substantial time on closing commercial and multi-family loans; drafting commercial loan documents, loan commitments, contracts, and forms; conducting real estate due diligence reviews; supervising paralegal and closer support; and providing advice on compliance with state and federal laws.
- Negotiate and close commercial and multi-family real estate transactions.
- Draft, review and negotiate loan documents, program documents, contracts and other legal documents relating to new and existing services
- Supervise real estate due diligence reviews
- Advise various business units and negotiate matters related to commercial, business, residential, and state and federal lending and grant programs primarily related to business and economic development, commercial and multi-family lending
- Interpret laws, regulations, and procedures related to CHFA’s programs
- Review legislation and its impact on CHFA operations
- Function as a leader and seasoned advisor to the business
- Assist with training, coaching, and helping others to improve their skills
- Participate and contribute in all activities and/or projects that directly support CHFA in fulfilling its mission and achieving its vision through dedication to the community in which CHFA serves operational excellence, and fiscal responsibility.
- Solid understanding of laws and regulations to ensure proper compliance and oversight of business processes
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, skills, and ability
- Knowledge of Colorado real estate law, commercial lending, business entities, real estate loans, real estate transactions, and familiarity with related documents
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, productively and accurately in a fast-paced environment with multiple projects and important deadlines
- Strong and effective customer service, interpersonal, leadership and organizational skills
- Strong and ethical decision-making skills
- Ability to communicate, both orally and in writing, in an effective and diplomatic manner
- Ability to establish rapport with persons of diverse ethnic, racial, and cultural backgrounds
- Ability to effectively work closely with and collaborate on closing teams and various working groups, both within the legal operations department and other business units
- Proficient in MS Word and Outlook
- Applicants must have a minimum of four (4) years experience in a law firm or corporate law department working on real estate matters
- Preferred candidate will have experience representing a financial institution related to lending, structuring complex financial transactions, construction lending, and/or affordable housing
- Must possess a law degree and be admitted to the Colorado Bar
- Candidates with diverse qualities and backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply
Staff Attorney, $89,000 – $130,000
Senior Attorney – $103,000 – $155,000
Salary is determined by position and experience
How to apply
Internal candidates: Please email your resume along with an internal job application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
External candidates: Please apply online at www.chfainfo.com – Careers Tab