The President has signed the tax bill into law as of Friday, December 22, 2017. A link to the enrolled version of the bill as passed by the House and Senate is here and a link to the Statement of Managers of the conference committee on H.R. 1 is here.
Provisions of Interest in the Final Tax Bill Include:
- Private Activity Bonds - Preserved without change
- Advance Refundings - No advance refunding bonds after December 31, 2017
- Tax Credit and Direct Pay Bonds - No new tax credit or direct pay bonds may be issued after December 31, 2017, but payments for outstanding bonds will continue
- Stadium Bonds - Preserved without change
- New Markets Tax Credits - Preserved without change
- Mortgage Credit Certificates – Preserved without change
- Low Income Housing Tax Credit – Preserved without change
- NABL's White Paper and Summary
NABL has prepared a paper on the importance of tax-exempt financing and a summary that members can use. The paper is available here and includes an introductory summary.
- Letters to the Editor/Op-Eds
Click here to view letters and Opinion articles sent to newspapers across the country regarding municipal bonds.
- Letters to Congress/Administration
Click here for a list of letters sent to members of Congress and the Administration regarding the preservation of the tax exemption for municipal bonds.
- Reports on Tax Exempt Bonds and Tax Reform
Click here to view a list of reports regarding tax reform and the exemption for municipal bonds we have put together.
If you have any questions, please contact NABL's Governmental Affairs Office via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.