New Jersey Educational Facilities Authority (www.njefa.com) is seeking a Director of Compliance Management. This senior-level position leads the Authority’s Division of Compliance and is responsible for the management of all compliance matters related to the Authority’s capital financing programs on behalf of New Jersey’s public and private colleges and universities, including New Jersey’s State-backed capital grant programs for Higher Education. This position is also responsible for development and oversight of the Authority’s operating and ethics compliance procedures and ensures that the Authority’s Board of Directors, management and employees are in compliance with state and federal laws, rules, regulations and executive orders. Daily responsibilities include oversight and coordination of all Authority legal matters with the Attorney General’s office and outside legal counsel relating to Authority operating compliance and college and university capital financing transactions, as well as supervision of two highly capable full-time Division staff.
A more detailed job description can be found at the following link:
Director of Compliance Management/job description
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in business, finance or related field from an accredited college or university required; JD or Master’s degree in finance or related field preferred. Minimum of 10 years’ experience in the public finance industry desired, including:
• the issuance of tax-exempt and taxable bonds issued in the public capital markets and direct financings to conduit borrowers, including non-profits through a governmental entity;
• researching and analyzing matters related to the financing of tax-exempt municipal bonds and loans;
• providing advice on all stages of conduit bond financing (including, inquiries, pre-applications, applications, final staff report, loan and lease agreement negotiation, disbursements, investments and compliance with loan, lease agreement and other bond financing documents and tax requirements);
• providing advice in connection with the development and implementation of organizational programs and policies;
• tracking, review, drafting and interpretation of legislation and demonstrated ability to represent an administrative body before a legislative body;
• responding to sensitive or difficult inquiries from local officials, borrowers, and public finance professionals regarding policy and procedures of bond and other financing programs (i.e. P3s and tax-exempt leasing);
• personnel management, leadership and supervision which demonstrates the ability to motivate and manage staff and external parties to ensure the timely completion of assignments;
• preparing and presenting reports or assisting in the presentation of staff reports to an administrative body, responding to member requests for policy information or interpretations at public meetings, and ensuring that agendas and meetings are conducted in accordance with applicable public meeting laws;
• advising senior executives on the risks and mitigating factors, if any, associated with a matter or transaction; and
• essential general qualifications including integrity, initiative, dependability, good judgment, and ability to work cooperatively with others.
Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience and an excellent health and benefits package. The applicant must be a resident of New Jersey or become one within one year of beginning employment. Please send resume and cover letter, including salary requirements to: NJEFA – Human Resources, 103 College Road East, Princeton, NJ 08540, or email to: email@example.com
Job Category: Non-Attorney