Tortoise invests in assets and services that serve essential needs in society and can also serve essential needs in clients’ portfolios, such as diversification and income. Tortoise’s expertise spans traditional energy investing across the entire energy value chain, sustainable infrastructure including wind, solar and water infrastructure, credit investing, direct lending to social infrastructure projects and index construction. Through a variety of investment vehicles, Tortoise provides a wide range of client solutions, focused on their evolving needs. For more information, please visit www.tortoiseadvisors.com.
Tortoise is seeking a Counsel, Social Infrastructure & Direct Lending in the Leawood, Kansas office. The Counsel, Social Infrastructure & Direct Lending will have responsibility to prepare, negotiate, and review written materials to support the structuring, surveillance, and remediation functions of social infrastructure and direct lending investments.
• Provide legal advice to senior management on matters related to social infrastructure and direct lending
• Subject matter includes securities law, municipal securities regulation, lending, affordable housing finance, seniors housing and care finance, student housing finance, charter school finance, hospital finance, private equity investments, and capital regulations
• Review, draft and negotiate various agreements including securities purchase contracts, loan agreements, trust indentures, engagement letters, LOIs and term sheets, vendor agreements, joint venture agreements, among others
• Interact with outside purchaser’s counsel, bond counsel, issuer’s counsel, trustee’s counsel, and obligor’s counsel
• J.D. degree and bar membership in New York or Kansas
• Minimum of 5-7 years of related legal experience
• Work experience should include several years spent at a national reputable law firm, ideally with municipal finance transactional experience, as well as several years working in the municipal securities industry, either as outside or in-house counsel
• Knowledge of municipal securities and loan documentation regulation is critical
• Must have broad knowledge of the federal securities laws as they relate to municipal securities and broker-dealer regulation as well as knowledge of MSRB rules, the municipal securities market and municipal financial products
• Knowledge of municipal advisor regulation is desired
• Ability to prioritize, organize and maximize time management
• Ability to multi-task and simultaneously move forward on multiple projects
• Ability to explain complex credit issues in simple language
• Willingness to work in a small entrepreneurial team environment and adapt to changing priorities
We welcome your interest in being a part of the Tortoise team. We offer our associates an innovative and challenging place to work with camaraderie and teamwork. We are a growth-oriented, entrepreneurial culture that respects people and values talent, experience and ambition.
To apply for the Counsel, Social Infrastructure & Direct Lending position, please send a resume and cover letter to Careers@tortoiseadvisors.com.
Job Category: Non-Attorney
Sherman & Howard L.L.C. seeks a tax associate attorney to join its busy public finance practice. Desired practice location is in Denver, Colorado, however we would consider candidates who are interested in our offices in Nevada or Arizona. We are active in Colorado, Nevada, New Mexico, Idaho, Montana, Arizona and other Western States and our firm maintains eleven offices in six states. Our attorneys work as bond counsel, underwriter’s counsel, disclosure counsel, lender’s counsel and in other roles on a wide range of transactions including governmental bonds of all types, housing bonds and qualified private activity bonds. Our associates take on substantial responsibility for conducting due diligence, attending meetings, preparing bond documents and advising clients. Our ideal candidate would have one to three years of experience in the tax aspects of public finance. We offer a competitive salary and full benefits. Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org, including a resume, transcript and a cover letter stating your qualifications for this position and why you are interested in public finance work in the Rocky Mountain West.
Job Category: Attorney
Longino Public Finance, LLC seeks a transactional attorney with 3 to 10 years’ experience to join a growing, entrepreneurial law practice. Applicants should have public finance, lending or workout experience, a strong work ethic and a can-do, cooperative attitude. Full-time or part-time applicants are welcome to apply. Applicants may send a resume and list of recent transactions to email@example.com. For applicants with less than 5 years’ experience, please include a law school transcript. All applications will be held in strict confidence. For more information about the firm, please visit www.longino.com.
Job Category: Attorney