Deputy City Attorney – General & Complex Litigation Division (Defense)
The Oakland City Attorney’s Office seeks a well-qualified individual for a Deputy City Attorney II or Deputy City Attorney III position in the General & Complex Litigation Division (Defense). Significant litigation experience including writ and appellate experience is desirable, with placement depending on experience.
The Oakland City Attorney’s Office is a dynamic, innovative and award-winning municipal law practice working to protect and advance the rights and interests of Oakland residents.
Typical duties of a Deputy City Attorney in the Office’s Litigation Division may include:
• Performing legal research, interpreting and applying laws and court decisions.
• Handling matters pertaining to writs.
• Appearing in court to present, argue and try cases.
• Preparing pleadings and other papers in connection with trials, hearings, discovery and other legal proceedings.
• Reviewing and evaluating case files and making decisions regarding proper disposition.
• Studying, interpreting and applying laws, court decisions and other legal authorities in the preparation of cases, opinions and briefs.
• Performing relevant legal research.
• Overseeing outside counsel.
• Skillfully and professionally presenting legal advice to attorneys and lay people and defending legal analyses.
For more information and directions on how to apply, go to: https://www.oaklandcityattorney.org/AboutUs/job_ops.html
Message sent successfully...