Firm: Ballard Spahr LLP
Location: Washington, DC
Ballard Spahr LLP is seeking a tax associate with about 3-5 years of experience to join our public finance practice. Our public finance tax attorneys advise on all aspects related to tax-exempt bonds. Exposure to federal tax issues related to tax exempt organizations and an LL.M. in taxation are a plus. We are looking for someone with strong analytical skills who can effectively communicate complicated tax requirements to borrowers, issuers, bankers and underwriters. Superior academic credentials are required and full-time law firm experience is preferred.
Ballard Spahr LLP is committed to ensuring diversity in its workplace, and candidates from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
For immediate consideration, please visit http://selfapply.ballardspahr.com/viRecruitSelfApply/ReDefault.aspx?FilterREID=1&FilterJobCategoryID=4&FilterJobID=408 and apply online.
Firm: Harris Beach PLLC
Location: New York, NY; Rochester, NY; Uniondale, NY; or White Plains, NY
Description: Serve as tax counsel on all matters relating to tax-exempt or tax-advantaged bonds, including governmental bonds, qualified 501(c)(3) bonds, financings for qualified residential rental property projects, other types of exempt facility bonds and qualified small issue (manufacturing) bonds; provide tax support on state and local tax matters related to public finance and economic development matters.
• Research federal and state tax issues tax issues and prepare legal memoranda
• Conduct tax due diligence associated with tax-exempt bond financings, including reviewing tax questionnaires and related documents and submissions
• Prepare arbitrage and tax certificates, IRS Forms 8038 and related documents for tax-exempt bond financings
• Prepare applications for 501(c)(3) determination letters, private letter ruling requests and state sales tax exemptions
• Work on the representation of issuers/conduit borrowers in connection with IRS examinations of tax-advantaged bond issues and submission of VCAP applications
• 501(c)(3) determination letters, private letter ruling requests and state sales tax exemptions
• Requires 3+ years of legal experience working as tax counsel in connection with tax-exempt bond financings
• Knowledge and experience with multiple revenue bond structures a plus (e.g., letter of credit secured; FHA- insured; multi-modal structures)
• Prefer LLM in tax
• Must be admitted in New York (or ability to waive in)
• Must be able to function effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic team-oriented environment
• Must possess a high level of flexibility and adaptability to provide support to numerous competing priorities as needed
• Must have excellent research, writing and verbal communication skills
• Must be organized with excellent attention to detail
• Ability to work with diverse personalities within various levels of the organization
• Military experience a plus
To apply, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.